We don’t have to tell you that these are tough times for any enterprise, especially small, local, and family businesses. Luckily, there are many organizations working hard to keep these businesses up-to-date on all available support—both in the Bay Area and nationwide.
Our list of family business COVID resources includes all the essentials to keep businesses informed on changing regulations, health & safety recommendations, and available financial aid programs
San Francisco COVID Resources
City and County of San Francisco
- Updates on local Shelter-In-Place orders.
- Guidelines for operating your business during the pandemic.
- Regulations for using sidewalk, street space, and private property for outdoor business activity.
- Tips about food preparation and packaging for delivery services.
SF Office of Economic & Workplace Development
OEWD.org | Link
- Spreadsheet of available loans comparing maximum loan amount, interest rates, approved uses, and first payment due dates.
- SF Shines Program offering 5k grants to reimburse safety equipment including barriers & furniture.
- Guidance for the self-employed, sole proprietors, and independent contractors.
- Details on the commercial evictions moratorium.
San Francisco Chamber of Commerce
- Small Business Resiliency Program–free coaching and guidance to small businesses.
- Links to Chamber & Partner resources.
SF Disease Prevention and Control
SFCDCP.org | Link
- Current health officer orders and directives.
- Chart of capacity & activity allowances for retail, dining, gyms, personal services, theaters, hotels, etc.
- Signage, ventilation, cleaning, and PPE requirements for businesses.
- Guidance for specific industries.
State & Federal Financial Aid
California Rebuilding Fund
Connect2Capital.com | Link
New loan program supporting California’s small businesses who employ 50 or fewer employees and had gross revenues less than $2.5 million in 2019.
CA Department of Tax & Fee Admin
- Main Street Small Business Tax Credit
- Extended due dates for filing returns.
- Small business relief payment plans for sales & use tax.
Small Business Administration
- COVID-19 funding options
- Guidance for businesses and employers
- Application for EIDL Loan
Health & Safety COVID Resources
Center for Disease Control
- Preparing workplaces for COVID-19.
- Workplace FAQs.
- Cleaning & disinfecting of workplaces.
- Reopening businesses safely.
- Responding to workplace COVID-19 cases.